1. First of all, please sign up to access ALL 276+ Chinese audio lessons, PDF lesson transcripts, worksheets and stand alone situational dialogues in Mandarin Chinese.
2. Listen to the audio lessons as many times as possible. Listening doesn’t harm, it actually helps you start speaking! Start from Lesson 1 here.
3. First time just listen, then repeat every word and sentence you hear. You can press a pause button on your device if necessary.
4. Try to imitate what you hear, even if the sounds seem to be difficult to pronounce at first. Don’t be shy, nobody can hear you.
5. Have a PDF transcript before your eyes while listening to the lesson. It’s very important to have a visual input.
6. During your study, pay close attention to the tone marks in the lesson transcripts and try to pronounce tones correctly (imitate).
Musical tones are most difficult thing in Mandarin Chinese, but we have made it easy for you in this audio course.
We guarantee that you will show off your perfect pronunciation in Mandarin Chinese very soon!
7. The worksheet of each lesson has a translation exercise, please fill in your answers and compare them to our answers at the end of your next lesson.
8. When you work on the Mandarin Chinese lessons, please put emphasis on pinyin (Chinese Phonetic Alphabet) and correct tones. If you think writing is fun too, we have Chinese characters in the transcripts. You can also check our Chinese character video tutorials available to paid members.
9. Practice what you have learned whenever you have a chance. This part is very important. E.g.: with your Chinese friend, language partner, in a Chinese restaurant, etc. If you are interested in practising online, we have private 1-on-1 lessons as well!
10. Repetition is the key to your success. From time to time, go back and review.
11. Record yourself and compare your pronunciation to ours. It always helps when you hear your own voice.
12. Be persistent and don’t give up! We are sure that you won’t!
13. Confidence is 90% of your success. Even if you make mistakes, if you sound confident enough when you speak Chinese, you will be understood very well. So speak loud and have confidence in yourself!